About Heel Pain
Heel pain is a common complaint and very often a symptom of something else. It is important to diagnose and treat the root cause of your heel pain. Our trained specialists will be delighted to advise you on this and demonstrate products which can help treat both the causes and symptoms of heel pain.
- Plantar fasciitis is the most common cause of heel pain. It is caused by irritation of the tissue that forms the arch in the foot. In addition to heel pain, those with plantar fasciitis will feel stabbing, aching and burning sensations that decrease with rest and are intense in the mornings. Pain tends to fluctuate throughout the day.
- Heel spur is a hook of bone that forms on the heel bone. The condition itself is not the most painful; it is the inflammation and irritation that cause the heel pain. Often times, plantar fasciitis is a cause of heel spurs. When the ligaments are pulled away, calcium deposits form on the hooked bone. An orthotic will help relieve the pain associated with heel spurs.
- A stress fracture is a small crack in the foot bone which usually develops from overuse, high impact sports or long distance running. When a muscle is tired, it is no longer able to absorb the shock of repetition and the stress is transferred to the bone, creating small stress fractures and cracks.
Heel Pain Treatment and Prevention at Foot Solutions®
Foot Solutions® offers a wide variety of products designed to alleviate heel pain and tackle the root causes. These include
- Custom Arch Supports – visit a Foot Solutions® store where our specialised staff will be delighted to give you the exact fit for your foot.
- Rocker Bottom Shoes – these shoes are custom fitted to your foot. They improve posture, help alleviate heel pain and improve circulation.
- Gel Heel Cradles and Heel Cups – apply to minimise swelling, ease pains and aches and shorten healing time.
- Night Splint – designed to keep your tendons and ligaments stretched at night and thus reduce heel pain throughout the day.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about your foot problem. Our expert will help you to answer your question.